HIGHLIGHTSThe mineral rich waters of the Dead Sea | Magnificent Petra Ancient City | The Kings Highway
DURATION4 days / 3 nights
DEPATURESDaily on a Private basis
PRICE FROMOn request
- Private English Speaking guide (on touring days)
- Driver with a/c vehicle (on travelling days)
- Entrance fees as per itinerary
Day 1 Amman-Dead Sea
Arrive Amman and travel south aprroximately 45km to Dead Sea via one of the oldest roads in the world, the King’s Highway. For thousands of years, fresh water carrying its own natural salts drifted through the rocks, sand and soil, flowing south through the Jordan River Valley into the Dead Sea.
This natural phenomenon created a historical site of legendary significance, where nature’s minerals and salts converge to create beauty products. Due to its high salt content, swimming in the Dead Sea is quite an experience, for one will float without exerting any effort. Overnight Dead Sea.
Day 2 Dead Sea-Petra
Today will be full of very interesting sights. You will:
- Travel to Petra via one of the oldest roads in the world, the Kings’ Highway.
- Visit the wonderful sixth century mosaic map of ancient Palestine, which is located on the floor of the Greek Orthodox Church of St. George in Madaba. Easily identified on the map are the River Nile, the Jordan River, Lake Tiberias and the Dead Sea. Many cities can also be identified such as, Bethlehem, Gaza & Jericho, but the most enchanting is the city of Jerusalem. One can clearly make out the walls, gates & streets of the ancient city, especially the colonnaded main street, or cardo, as well as the domed Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
- Proceed to Mount Nebo, the alleged burial place of Moses & where he saw the Promised Land. The view from Mount Nebo is spectacular for it sweeps over the entire Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea, and on a clear day one can see the rooftops of Jerusalem & Bethlehem.
- Drive through the spectacular canyon of Wadi el-Mujib to Kerak, where you will visit its famous imposing Crusader castle. Overnight in Petra. B
Day 3 Petra
Full day dedicated for the exploration of the Nabatean city of Petra. The tour starts on horseback, passing by the Obelisk Tomb and then proceeding on foot through the Siq – the narrow gorge that leads to Petra’s most impressive monument, the Treasury. Then on to the Street of Facades, the Theatre, the Royal Tombs, the Colonnaded Street, the Byzantine Church, the Temple, the Monumental Arch and Qasr el-Bint Faroun. In the afternoon, climb up to the gigantic 1st century AD monument of the Monastery. Overnight in Petra. B
Day 4 Petra-Amman
This morning travel back to Amman for your onward flight or you may like to extend your stay. B